Thursday 25 March 2010

POTD: Lunch interrupted



This is an acrylic on canvas painting of a black cow having a snack on some heather and grass while enjoying the fresh summer air whilst taking in the view of Tors and distant Devon hills from Dartmoor in Devon United Kingdom.
It is painted using Atelier interactive acrylics which allow the paint to be readily blended and uses a combination of techniques including glazing and scumbling for the distant hills, impressionism for the ferns, heather and gorse in the mid ground and gestural brush strokes for the painting of the bovine beauty.
see more at www.mikejory.co.uk

This painting will feature in my forthcoming exhibition 'Are you looking at me' which will open on June 1st 2010 at the Picture House in Exeter, UK.

You can also buy a print here

or merchandise below


Shop for a personalized gift at Zazzle.

2 comments:

  1. Do you sell the origianls? I'd like to know how large this one is. I have been looking at cow paintings for a long time and I really want to own an original.
    -Julie Esterl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,
    Thanks for the comment, I just sent you a message on facebook.
    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete