Wednesday 7 April 2010

Blast from the past: 'You'd better hang on!'



This image originated as a black and white drawing in the birthday card of a friend who is a climber. That was back in 1995 (I'm guessing!). Then in around 1998 I painted this version, which I came across when looking through my portfolio the other day.
(Looking at very old work is always something of a mixed experience, sometimes you discover things and it's a case of "I don't remember this being this good, cool!" other times it's the opposite "hmmm, this is nowhere near as good as I remember it being" but then you also get some "I don't even remember doing this...but it's alright".)
On the whole, I totally recommend looking back through old work, it's good to see how your technique has changed, and for reminding you of ideas you really should get back to but have neglected.
Anyway, prints are available here or click on the panel below for other products.
My website can be found here


Look for a personalized gift at Zazzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment